Hey foodies! I hope you like potatoes, because I’m sharing one of my go-to sides for brunches and the rest of the Foodie Mamas have brought some delicious potato recipes to the party. You can check out each scrumptious recipe below this recipe post and make sure to head over to their blogs and show them some foodie love.
Making these yummy chive and garlic potatoes is very easy. Just chop up your favourite potato variety (I like russet and red potatoes), toss into a hot skillet with butter (or oil of choice), fresh chives, a few cloves of garlic, salt and pepper – and voila!
It’s the perfect savoury side dish to have at your next brunch. You could even crack a few eggs over them, bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes and serve them on small plates as appetizers.
- 1 lb potatoes ( I like russet or red)
- 1/3 cup butter or oil, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed through a garlic press
- 2 Tablespoons or more of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and dry well.
- Dice them up.
- Over medium high heat, melt the butter in a skillet and add crushed garlic, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add in the potatoes, chives, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat, turning with a spatula ever so often for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Potato Pancakes with Eggs and Mornay Sauce by Kaitie of Fuchsia Freezer
Breakfast Tikkis by Deepika of Easy Baby Meals
Kerala Style Breakfast Potato Stew by Manju of Cooking Curries
Potato Pancakes (GF) by Sara of Life’s Little Sweet
Shredded Tater Cupcakes with Gruyere & Bacon by Ali of Home & Plate
Craving even more recipes by the Foodie Mamas? We’ve got you covered! Follow the Foodie Mamas pinterest board and hashtag #FoodieMamas across social media.