DIY Valentine’s Day truffles made with wholesome ingredients.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (we used semi-sweet)
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- Mix peanut butter and honey in medium bowl until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate 20 min.
- Roll into approximately 20 (1-inch) balls, using about 2 Tbsp. for each.
- Refrigerate the peanut butter balls while preparing the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet or milk chocolate) in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- Using a spoon, dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate, roll to cover and place on the baking sheet. Continue until all the peanut butter balls are covered.
- Place the baking sheets in the fridge so the chocolate solidifies (20 minutes).
- For presentation or gifting, place the peanut butter truffles in individual truffle liners and/or into small gift boxes. Enjoy!
- The recipe will make less if you roll the mixture into large balls. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days for optimal freshness.