A creative and delicious take on two family favourites rolled into one.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mild salsa
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 1 packet Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 cups light shredded cheese of your choice
- Toppings: hot sauce, diced avocado, green onions, diced tomatoes, sour cream
- Old El Paso Whole Grain Tortilla Bowls
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef.
- Add in the onion and garlic, stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in water, salsa, tomato paste and taco seasoning. Stir gently to combine and add in the uncooked penne pasta.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to low-medium heat.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the pasta simmer for about 8-10 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 375 F and line a casserole dish with the tortilla bowls.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the pasta and sauce into each individual tortilla bowl until all the pasta is used up.
- Top with grated cheese and place in the oven for 15 minutes, until heated up and cheese has melted.
- Pull out from the oven, serve immediately, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8