The taste of hot chocolate in a rich, moist, fluffy cupcake!
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons gf baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden yellow sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil, room temperature (or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup boiled water
- Optional for decorating: 100 mini marshmallows or more (about 4 per cupcake)
- ½ cup creamy/buttery refined coconut oil (or regular butter)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- ¼ cup hot chocolate mix
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare two cupcake pans with paper liners (for 24 cupcakes).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and oil. Using a fork or mixer, beat until smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add to wet mixture and blend until smooth (you can use a mixer on low).
- Gently pour in boiled water. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean from testing the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Place on a plate or rack to cool further.
- To make the frosting, use a large mixing bowl.
- Add in creamy coconut oil and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Add in baking cocoa powder and hot chocolate mix, continue to stir or beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar (icing sugar) in small quantities, ½ cup -1 cup at a time.
- Then gradually add in the almond milk. Using a fork or mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Decorate your cupcakes with the frosting and marshmallows.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Cook Time: 20