- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups of light coconut milk
- 4 drops (or more) of peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of organic liquid stevia
- 1 cup of ice
- Mint Coconut Whipped Cream
- Strawberries and Dark Chocolate Shavings for garnish
- Peel banana. Peel and cut avocado.
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, dark chocolate shavings and strawberries.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Mint Coconut Whipped Cream
- Makes 1 cup
- 1 15 ounce can of coconut milk, full fat
- 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of organic liquid stevia
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator for at least 12 hours – aim for 24.
- When you open the can of coconut milk, you will find a thick layer of cream on top, scoop this out into a medium sized bowl. Take only the cream and leave the coconut water for another smoothie.
- Whip with a hand mixer on high for 1 minute.
- Add in peppermint and stevia.
- Whip for another 3 minutes.
- Add 4-6 drops of peppermint essential oil to the shake to begin with, taste test and add more if you desire a mintier taste. Begin with a small amount, as the strength of the essential oil can vary from brands. Same goes with the liquid stevia – should you desire a sweeter taste.
- Serving Size: 2