Frozen bananas mixed with key ingredients replicate the traditional frozen custard.
- 5 very ripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk or cashew cream
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 4 medjool dates, soaked in water for 1 hour and softened
- Chocolate syrup, made from melted virgin coconut oil and raw cacao
- Blendco. mix
- Chopped raw almonds, cashew, walnuts
- Cacao nibs
- Slice and freeze five very ripe bananas.
- When they are frozen (4-6 hours or overnight), place them in a food processor.
- Pulse until the bananas are starting to blend nicely. Add in the dates. Pulse.
- Then add in the organic vanilla and milk of your choice.
- Mix until nice and smooth.
- Serve and top with choice toppings.
- Use whichever milk you would like, I have tried both homemade cashew milk and full-fat coconut (because they are both very creamy).
- You can freeze the frozen custard, but it will change its consistency. If you do freeze it, put it back in the food processor until desire texture is achieved.
- I would also try this recipe as Chocolate, Peanut, or Strawberry flavours, by adding those extra ingredients.