These sweet potato fries are easy to make in the oven, healthier than frying, and taste super scrumptious with a crispy exterior and softer interior. The parm and thyme add a delightful burst of flavour!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Kosher salt
- Black pepper and paprika to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme (leave out the stem as much as possible)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- To begin, wash and dry 2 large sweet potatoes. It’s up to you whether you peel them or not. Personally, I leave the skin on and just clean up any dark spots or tiny roots.
- Next, cut off a good chunk of both ends of each sweet potato with the goal to make them approximately the same length and also balancing the width of the center of the sweet potato with its end. This helps the fries have a more balanced cut and cook more evenly. Don’t worry, we’re not looking for perfection here!
- In a medium size bowl, combine two tablespoons of olive oil (or oil of your choice – vegetable works well too), one tablespoon of Kosher salt, half a teaspoon of black pepper, and half a teaspoon of paprika. If you like more spice and bite, you can add a bit more black pepper and paprika. Add in the cut sweet potatoes and toss until they are coated.
- On a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spread out the sweet potatoes evenly. Cook for 10-15 minutes at 400 F. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and thyme. Place back in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes, watching closely (you really just want some extra crisp and the cheese to bubble).
- Remove from the oven, place in individual serving cups (4) or on a platter. Feel free to add a touch more of freshly grated parmesan cheese and thyme for a beautiful presentation and delicious burst of flavour.
- If you’re looking for serving containers like the one shown in my blog post, I found them at the dollar store in their BBQ section!
- Serving Size: 4