These colourful energy bites are delicious and healthy too!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ((use sunbutter to make these school-safe))
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 medjool dates
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Place all ingredients in a food process with the S-Blade attachment.
- Process on high for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides if necessary, and process for another minute, until mixture forms a cookie dough texture.
- If the mixture is too dry (oats and flaxeed meal can absorb liquid quickly) – add a teaspoon of water at a time until you reach cookie dough texture.
- Roll into aproximately 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow dish and roll each ball to cover with sprinkles. If they aren't sticking, use your finger to wet each energy bite with a bit of water before dipping in sprinkles.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set, or the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can store these energy bites in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, for ultimate freshness.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American