Light, creamy, sweet and salty caramel pudding made with Almond Breeze’s vanilla almond beverage
- 3 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Almond Beverage
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp margarine (add 1 tsp of salt to first step if using margarine) or salted butter
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Coarse sea salt and whipped cream or coconut cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add dark brown sugar, 2/3 cup of vanilla almond beverage, margarine (or butter), and pure maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of vanilla almond beverage with cornstarch. Whisk until the majority of the lumps are gone.
- Pour into the pudding mixture, mixing well.
- Add the remaining vanilla almond beverage (2 1/3 cups)
- Bring the mixture to a boil once more, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- At this point, you should stir continuously while the pudding thickens.
- Once the pudding thickens up, remove from heat, allow to cool 5-10 minutes and then add pure vanilla extract.
- You can either serve warm or refrigerate for later.
- Another option is to separate the pudding is small serving bowls and refrigerating them (make sure to cover with plastic wrap).
- When serving, you can add a sprinkle of coarse sea salt and a dollop of whipped topping of your choice.
- Serving Size: 4