A super moist and naturally sweet apple sauce loaf the whole family enjoys.
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup of quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened virgin coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I used turbinado)
- 11/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup -3/4 cup of halved strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the coconut oil, egg, and sugar.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour in the applesauce, and mix together.
- Gently fold in the strawberries
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil, and pour the batter inside.
- Tap the sides and use a spoon if necessary to make it even.
- Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 25 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Transfer to baking rack to cool completely or cut and eat warm (however, it may be more crumbly!)
- You can substitute coconut oil for softened butter.
- Cook Time: 45