If you like strawberry cheesecake, you’ll love sipping on this delicious strawberry smoothie that resembles your favourite dessert.
- 1 cup of frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of cashew butter
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of gluten-free crumble (or gluten-free graham crackers)
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of ground gluten-free oats (use food processor or coffee grinder)
- 1/4 cup of virgin organic coconut oil (or softened butter)
- 1/4 cup of coconut or raw sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cashew butter
- Prepare the crumble in advance, by combining the gluten-free oats, smooth coconut oil (if it’s liquid, place in refrigerator for a little while) , natural sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cashew butter.
- Mix together to form a crumble. If it’s not clumping, add a bit more creamy coconut oil or cashew butter.
- I kept my crumble in the fridge, so it was cold and solid when I used it – which I liked. It’s up to you, but if you would prefer it that way too, refrigerate for 30 minutes before using or prepare the night before.
- For the smoothie, add all ingredients to the blender, and use two Tablespoons of crumble, saving the rest for the topping.
- Blend on medium-high until smooth.
- Top each glass with the remaining crumble. Enjoy right away!
- Alternatively, you can use gluten-free graham crackers.
- Serving Size: 2