These flavourful turkey tacos are an excellent source of essential nutrients and the perfect weekday dinner.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 12 taco shells or soft tortillas
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in canola oil and onions. Cook for 7 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the ground turkey and chicken broth and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally until the turkey is cooked right through. Add in the cilantro, spices, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and remove from heat.
- Set out a table with all the toppings and add-ons you wish to enjoy. They might include sliced avocado (or guacamole) , chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, limes (for squeezing fresh juice), salsa, peppers, grated cheese, and sour cream among others.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6