A savoury, creamy mushroom soup recipe that hits all the right notes. It's thick, satisfying, and full of flavour. Perfect to warm you up on a cold day!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 16 oz white mushrooms (chopped)
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms (chopped)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper (or more, to taste)
- 4 cups rice milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add ¾ of the chopped mushrooms and sauté until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in 4 cups of rice milk and cooked brown rice (* the rice milk combined with the cooked brown rice replaces the need for milk or cream. You can blend these two ingredients first separately if you prefer).
- Using an immersion blender – or transferring contents to a regular blender – pulse until soup is smooth.
- In a small pan sauté the rest of the finely chopped mushrooms and add them to the creamy soup.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American