The flavours of the sweet white chocolate, tart dried cranberries, and citrusy orange zest in these cookies come through beautifully in every bite.
- 1/2 cup lard
- 1/2 cup packed golden yellow sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add it into the wet mixture in three parts. Mix until combined (don’t over mix!). Fold in the orange zest, white chocolate chips, and chopped dried cranberries. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.Remove dough from the fridge and scoop out heaping tablespoons onto the baking sheets. Leave about 2 1/2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Once they are cooled, store in a container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: white chocolate, dried cranberries, christmas cookies, cookies