Are you looking to kick start your Saturday morning with a super smoothie? I hear you, so today I’m sharing one of my favorites. It’s a special treat, using fresh pineapple from Hawaii and local honey. Of course, this recipe can be made with canned pineapple, but make sure it’s water-packed and not preserved in sugary syrup – that would defeat the healthy purpose of your smoothie Pineapple is a great source of manganese, which helps to keep your bones strong and it also provides a high amount of vitamin C. As you can see, I made a pitcher (4 servings) and it didn’t last very long between myself, Mr. Smith, and our Little (hungry) Lion. It’s just so delightfully delicious!
Pineapple Honey Smoothie
2 cups of pineapple chunks (remove the tough center)
1/2 cup mango chunks, frozen or fresh
1/2 banana, sliced
1/4 cup carrot juice
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tablespoon of ground flax seeds
2 Tablespoons of honey
4 ice cubes
- In a blender, place pineapple chunks with almond milk and carrot juice.
- Blend on medium until smooth.
- Add in the mango, banana, hone, flax seeds, and ice cubes.
- Use pulse or ice crush to break down the ice cubes and mango (especially if frozen).
- Then blend on medium-high until smooth (around 2 minutes).
- Pour into glasses and drizzle the top of each individual serving with extra honey and garnish with a slice of pineapple.
Enjoy and have a lovely weekend!