I’m so pumped to share with you today my five favorite green smoothie recipes! Of course, there are plenty of other recipes that I really enjoy and I will continue to share those throughout my super smoothies series, but for now I’m giving you my top green smoothie recipes. I really hope you’ll give them a try and let me know what you think!
Before we get to the ingredients in each one, let’s talk a bit about green smoothies and why they are just so awesome for you! From my experience, when I drink one first thing in the morning, my energy levels for the day are higher, my cravings for sweets are lessened and I find myself drawn to eating more green salads and vegetables during my other meals.
Five health benefits that come from enjoying green smoothies:
- Green smoothies provide lots of fiber, which keeps your elimination system healthy.
- They are packed with nutrients that help fuel your body and contribute to optimal health.
- Green smoothies are easy on your digestive system. Because you’re blending your greens until they are completely smooth, your body won’t have to work as hard to break them down, but you’ll be getting all the fantastic benefits just as you would if they were eaten whole.
- Green smoothies are full of amazing vitamins, nutrients, and anti-oxidants.
- You will begin to consume more servings of vegetables than you would usually.
Of course, there are a ton more - like weight loss, clear skin and increased energy levels, to name a few. Now let’s get this green smoothie party started, shall we?
ARUGULA BERRY SMOOTHIE
1 cup of arugula
1/2 cup peaches, frozen
1/2 cup raspberries, frozen
1/2 cup almond milk (or water)
1/2 cup carrot juice
SPINACH BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
1 cup of baby spinach
3/4 cup blueberries, frozen
1 cup of coconut milk (or water)
Now this recipe is one that I’ve been making nearly everyday this week, because we’ve got lots of pineapple on hand and it tastes so delicious blended with kale. Try it!
KALE PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE
3/4 cup of kale
3/4 cup pineapple, chopped
4-5 ice cubes
3/4 cup almond milk (or coconut milk)
1 tsp of organic vanilla
CUCUMBER PEAR SMOOTHIE
1 cup cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup mango, frozen
1 pear, sliced and pitted
1 cup almond milk
3 leaves of basil, chopped
2-3 ice cubes
PARSLEY WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
3/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup watermelon, chopped
1 cup almond milk (or water)
2-3 ice cubes
Notes on preparation:
- Wash and prepare vegetables and fruits before hand.
- Toss all ingredients into your blender.
- Use the ice crush or pulse mode to begin, allowing frozen fruit and ice cubes to crush.
- Then, blend ingredients until smooth.
- You may need to adjust the quantity of liquid to get the consistency you desire.
- All green smoothie recipes listed in this post yield 1 serving.
Enjoy Lovelies and have a super wonderful weekend, you deserve it