It’s early morning and the sun is just coming up. My Little One is stirring in his room and soon we’ll all be eating breakfast. Something like these pancakes I hope. My husband made them the other day and they were so good. Yes, I verbally listed off a bunch of ingredients that were suitable to toss together, but he worked the magic. This is one of my basic recipes and no matter how much we stray from it – adding bananas, chocolate chips, apples, cinnamon – it works, and we are always quite, quite satisfied
Wishing you a lovely Tuesday friends with whatever makes you happy!
Gluten-Free Pancakes and Berry Syrup
1 cup of brown rice flour
2 cups of oat flour (ground gluten-free oats)
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1/4 cup of maple syrup or coconut sugar (or preferred sweetener)
1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- In a large bowl, sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder together.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs and then mix together with coconut oil,sugar, vanilla and almond milk.
- Combine wet mixture with dry.
- Using a hand mixer (or a good arm), beat the batter until it’s nice and smooth.
- Warm a non-stick pancake pan on medium heat, adding a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Pour a about a 3-4 inch circle of batter in the center of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on either side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
2 1/2 cups of frozen berries
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of maple syrup or coconut sugar
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan on low-medium heat.
- Cover with lid and let simmer for 12-15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy over your pancakes!