Starting your day off right is the best thing you can do for yourself and to ensure a great day ahead of you. Your energy level is directly affected by what you first put in your mouth in the morning. Eating junk or nothing at all leaves your body sluggish, exhausted, and without proper fuel. Lacking good nutrition and food for breakfast causes a few problems; poor energy, poor concentration, poor mood, poor behaviour, and overall fogginess. Why not begin each day with a life-giving meal that sets the tone for your eating throughout the rest of the day and gives you the energy your body needs to function.
Today I’ve rounded up five of my favorite healthy gluten-free breakfasts that I know you’ll enjoy (click the title for each recipe). Whether you make a batch of gluten-free muffins the night before, or wake up and whip up an egg white omelet, your body will thank you for it.
5. Egg White Omelet with a Side of Fruit
EGG WHITE OMELET (or scrambled egg whites)
1 teaspoon coconut oil or olive oil
4 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
A few leaves of baby spinach, chopped
Fresh herbs of choice, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Whisk together egg whites and salt.
- Pour whisked eggs into the heated skillet. While shaking skillet back and forth over heat, stir with a heatproof rubber spatula for less than 1 minute. You want to keep eggs moving, incorporating any runny parts and some curds begin to form.
- Continue cooking, making sure eggs cover the entire surface of the skillet and using a spatula to push together any holes that may have formed. Top with baby spinach and herbs.
- Run the spatula along right side of omelet to loosen eggs from skillet. Place spatula under right side of eggs, making sure that the spatula is well underneath the eggs to offer maximum support, and lift right side over left in one fluid motion.
- Lightly press down on omelet with the spatula to seal omelet together.
- Lift up skillet with one hand, and hold a plate with your other hand. Tilt skillet, and let the omelet slide onto the plate.
- Don’t worry if your omelet never looks like one, mine rarely does, but I enjoy it all the same!
- Crispy Turkey Strip Salad with Pears, Pecans, and Cranberries - March 22, 2022
- These Ultra-Hydrating Products Will Soothe Your Dry Skin - March 3, 2022
- Is A Standing Desk Worth It? We Put One To The Test! - February 11, 2022