This recipe has been in the family for over 15 years. It’s simple, healthy, and makes a great treat. My son loves them so much, that we caught him using his stool in the kitchen at 4 am, to eat as many as he could before anyone woke up!! But you know what, better these than a bag of Mr. Christie’s. I can assure you, there is a lot less sugar.
Oats, bananas, cinnamon, and few sprinkled chocolate chips make up these delicious gluten-free cookies, which are also ideal for snack time after school or on the go.
OATS ARE AWESOME!
Eat one cup of oats and you’ll rack up nearly 70% of your daily needs for manganese, a mineral that helps enzymes in bone formation. You’ll also get good helpings of vitamin B1 and magnesium. (source)
Scrumptious healthy oat cookies, made with bananas and sprinkled with chocolate chips (or raisins, craisins, walnuts…etc.) – for a perfect snack.
- 3 very ripe bananas (or frozen, thawed) – mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ½ chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and vanilla together. Add in sugar and mashed bananas. Stir in oatmeal, cinnamon, salt, and lastly the chocolate chips.
- On two lightly greased baking sheets (or use parchment paper), drop spoonfuls of dough with 2 inch spaces in between.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool completely before transferring from baking sheet to plate to enjoy!
- If cookie dough is too runny, add more oats.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Make sure to try them with other healthy options like walnuts, coconut, raisins, and strawberries. Yum!
More Healthy Cookie Recipes:
- No-Bake Healthy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Healthy Grain-Free Energy Bars
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Trail Mix Cookies
You Might Need:
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020