30 Things to Do in June
What will June look like for you? A camping trip? A visit to a local festival? Time in your garden? I encourage you to soak up the sun, create a summer bucket list, and live your best life this month! Keep reading for a long list of things you might want to include in your plans.
Summer begins in June and it’s no exaggeration to say I am way past excited! Summers are so sweet if not a little short here in Ontario and I can’t wait to take advantage of all the activities that are available to do during this season.
Whether you’re taking off on a family vacation, chilling by a pool, or out and about town enjoying the sunny weather – I hope this month is amazing for you.
Looking for things to do in June? Below are 30 activities to help inspire you to jump into summer!
30 Summery Activities to Do in June
- Visit an outdoor pool – a couple of summers ago my kids and husband started shouting the slogan ‘pool-life’, every time we went to our recreational club’s pool. Spending time at the outdoor pool is the best way to recover from a long winter, don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Take a trip to an ice cream parlour – is there anything better than a cool treat on a hot day? Right now I am wrapped up in the matcha craze and cannot wait to try a matcha ice cream cone this summer.
- Enjoy cold brew tea – I can guarantee you that all summer long my husband is going to fill our fridge with glass bottles of cold brew tea. It is easy to make and the perfect drink for a summer evening. Take a container (a glass mason jar with a lid works great) and add either a few spoons of loose leaf tea or five teabags of your favourite tea. Fill the container with water, put on a lid and leave it overnight or somewhere around eight to twelve hours. When it’s done all you have to do is remove the tea bags or strain the tea leaves to enjoy a tasty refreshing beverage. Adjust the amount of tea you add to suit your taste and feel free to jazz it up with your favourite simple sugar or some lemon juice!
- Bust out your flip-flops – summer is no time to be stuck in sneakers, pull out your favourite flip-flops or sandals and rock them! If you are looking for a new brand let me suggest Havaianas, I have worn them since I was a teenager and love them.
- Go strawberry picking – later this month and into the next are the best times to go get a basket of this amazing fruit. Not only is this a fun activity but strawberries are good for you, there are many purported benefits of eating strawberries from improving your immune system to lowering your blood pressure. Packed with so many good things for your body, strawberries are also a contender for the tastiest summer fruit!
- Make a Father’s Day craft – with Father’s Day later this month a sweet and fun activity you (and your kids) can do is make a present. It is a personal way to show affection and gives you the perfect excuse to be crafty.
- Go outside and jump rope – if you want to get in a good workout and feel like a kid again, head outside and jump rope. Jump-roping is easy on your wallet and improves your coordination while getting in your cardio.
- Paint with watercolours – painting is such a fun way to explore your creativity and choosing watercolours is a great way to do that. Especially, if it is a family activity, in my experience painting with watercolours is easier to clean up and the transparency of the paint compliments sunny weather. They’re also convenient to take with you to the lakeside or a park to be surrounded by beautiful inspiration.
- Do some gardening – besides the awesome reward of growing fruits, vegetables, and beautiful flowers; benefits may include reducing stress, better sleep, and a good workout!
- Eat cucumbers – this tasty vegetable is in season here in Ontario and they are great raw by themselves, paired with your favourite dip or added to a sandwich or salad. This vegetable is high in nutrients, has a crisp taste and is a wonderful addition to a summer menu.
- Go play miniature golf – not only is this a fun family activity (my husband and I can get really competitive, but I still have the most wins), mini-golf helps teach you coordination, gets you outside and can be an easy cardio workout.
- Listen to jazz music – there are certain types of music that make me relax and jazz is one of them. It’s so compatible to a summer evening. Go ahead and pour a glass of wine, open the windows, put on some jazz and slow down.
- Paint a room – a good coat of paint can change your perspective, a perfect way to spruce up a room is to take a day and paint it another colour or a fresh white.
- Make your own frozen fruit ice pops – there are so many different ways to make this tasty treat and it’s sure to be a hit on a hot day!
- Barbecue – this is one of my favourite things about summer. So many vegetables taste amazing cooked on a barbecue.
- Try lawn bowling – this is a fun activity you can do with your family or group of friends in your backyard or local park!
- Celebrate Father’s Day – June 16th is Father’s Day and I hope you’re able to celebrate it with your loved ones!
- Play tennis – if you like cute outfits, being outside, and playing a sport that doubles as a good workout than tennis is for you! So many clubs and local parks have tennis courts and it’s a great way to get outside and have fun.
- Throw an indoor dance party – this one a great activity with kids. With a great playlist playing fun music, some snacks, and a teddy bear DJ you can throw an awesome dance party.
- Make a bird feeder – this is a wonderful and simple craft that’s great for attracting a variety of beautiful birds to your neighbourhood.
- Take a road trip – road trips are all about the drive and it is a great way to explore a larger area and discover new food, attractions, and unique locations. Finding a scenic route will be all the more rewarding!
- Visit a classic arcade – air hockey, pinball, skeeball and so much more, I love the nostalgia and fun social energy of classic arcades. This is a family summer staple of ours and a wonderful idea of an afternoon adventure.
- Go see a drive-in movie – these were already retro when I was a teenager, now they are a wonderful throwback activity that is awesome during the summer! If you still have a drive-in theater near you, check it out.
- Sunbathe – sunshine seems to be a short commodity where I live, so in the summer I am soaking it in, make sure you have your sunscreen!
- Go for a picnic – a basket and some snacks, sodas, and sandwiches are all it takes, you can elaborate it with a charcuterie or keep it lowkey, the fun part is eating outside.
- Find a swing – this standard structure at parks all over the world is such an accessible summer joy and enjoyable no matter how old you are!
- Create amazing chalk art – this activity is great for kids of all ages and adults too. Drawing with chalk is terrific for outdoor play and a perfect opportunity to let your imagination run wild.
- Have a water gun fight – perhaps the greatest of all summer activities, it is ridiculously carefree and thrilling to gather your family or friends together and shoot them with water! Hehe.
- Make your own cucumber water – is there anything better than an ice cold glass of water on a hot day? Yes, there is, water with cucumbers in it! I’m a fan of a variety of infused waters. You might also enjoy my recipe for Mint and Strawberry infused water.
- Go to a baseball game – this iconic sport is a perfect summer activity, don’t forget to get a hotdog and try to catch a pop fly!
One of my favourite things to do around this time of year is create a family summer bucket list with all the things we each want to do. Everyone has ideas of how they most want to enjoy the warmer weather and vacation from school. Taking the time to talk about our summer plans always gets us pumped for the days ahead. I hope you found some inspiration in today’s post for activities you can do this month.
Here’s to a wonderful June friends!
- Drying Wildflowers: A Step-by-Step Guide - March 31, 2023
- DIY Easter Egg Dyeing with Natural Ingredients - March 26, 2023
- 30 St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas and Recipes - March 16, 2023