A lot of the time, the best things in life are simple. Like this banana breakfast smoothie. It’s nothing fancy, it doesn’t take much – but it’s delicious, it fuels me for my morning, and it’s easy on my stomach. Those are good things! As most of you already know, we love smoothies around here. We usually have at least one, sometimes two a day. I like to include ingredients like flax seeds, coconut oil, spinach, kale, and anti-oxidant rich berries to boost their nutritious content. What are some of your favorite things to add in your smoothies?Print
Nutritious, substantial breakfast smoothie to start your day.
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon of raw local honey
- 10 ice cubes
- Slice the bananas.
- Place all ingredients (except ice) in the blender.
- Blend on high 1-2 minutes.
- Add in ice cubes, blend on ‘frozen drinks’ mode or use ice crusher to blend cubes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 2
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023