I’ve been trying out SkinCeuticals Metacell B3 for just over two weeks now. The directions suggest using it twice daily. I began using it morning and night, however I found it a bit too rich for my skin, causing a few breakouts on my chin, and so I opted to use it only at night with a concentration on my forehead and cheeks. This is where I am starting to notice fine lines developing. It’s also where I have the last remnants of my “pregnancy mask” – also known as melasma.
This product appealed to me because it targets overall dull skin and promotes healthy skin renewal. I find that during the winter months, my skin gets drier and a bit lacklustre.
THE PROMISE: This comprehensive daily emulsion visibly improves early signs of photoaing by increasing cell turnover to resurface skin, help reclarify and even skin tone, and improve the appearance of wrinkles and surface elasticity.
- Promotes skin renewal by increasing cell turnover
- Strengthens skin’s moisture barrier
- Reduces the appearance of discoloration and blotchiness
- Lightweight emulsion delivers intense hydration without a heavy or tacky feel
- Helps improve the appearance of skin’s firmness
- Noticeably soft skin
- Brighter complexion
- Slight fading of spots
- Very light and soft texture that melts into skin, without greasy feel
- Overall moisturized skin
- Small breakouts from applying on nose and chin (I stopped doing that and didn’t get any on my forehead or cheeks)
- Haven’t noticed the correction of fine lines
This product includes 2.5% tripeptide concentrate, a type of protein made up of amino acids which is the building blocks of skin and body tissue. When you hear skin experts talk about products that can actually correct symptoms of aging, this is an ingredient that is often mentioned. After two weeks of using the Metacell B3, I haven’t yet noticed a correction of what I consider my photoaging – fine lines. However, it is still a bit early to tell.
This product comes highly recommended, with lots of positive reviews across the web. Overall, I am happy with the scent, texture, feel, and immediate difference in my skin’s appearance. I will definitely continue to use it, because it is working on some of the concerns I had, like dull skin and even tone. Even though I didn’t notice a difference with my fine lines around the eyes/cheek area yet, I will be watching closely. I’ve heard great things about tripeptide concentrate and it’s preventative and corrective benefit.
SkinCeuticals Metall B3 retails for approximately $110 (US) and is sold online or at high end retailers and spas across Canada.
In Ottawa, SkinCeuticals is available here:
For more locations check the store locator.
The Best of this Life received this product for review and article writing purposes. All opinions are personal.
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023