Blueberry Cranberry Oat Muffins with Maple Cashew Crunch Topping
Have you tried almond “milk” before? We’ve been enjoying almond beverage around here for many years now – with cereal, added to tea (chai is my fav!), and I also use it for various baking.
Today I’d like to share with you a new muffin recipe that I created last week which includes Almond Breeze almond beverage. I was inspired by the gorgeous fresh cranberries that I picked up at the market and also, the big container of cashews my husband brought home for post-workout snacking. I might have been munching on some when I got the idea.
An unusual pairing, I admit – but the more I thought about it, the more it appealed to me to incorporate these too delicious foods together in a perfectly moist muffin. Oh, and I added blueberries for good measure – because blueberries are delicious period.
The flavour bursts of blueberries and cranberries in a fluffy muffin, sprinkled with a crunchy maple cashew topping – well that’s what happened in the kitchen! I took a few handfuls of cashews, ground them in my food processor and added a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. It created a sticky and crunchy mixture which I placed on top of the muffins before baking them.
As they cooked, a heavenly aroma of fruit and nut filled the air and made me hungry to test this new creation. I removed them from the oven and they looked amazing! Miraculously, I had the self-control to wait until Aiden was home from school so that we could taste test together.
At long last we sat at the table, muffin before us, accompanied by a tall glass of cold almond beverage and we bit in. After that, it was just muffled sounds of mmmms and yums, and mmmannnoodder weeonnne mmmoooamma? Yes kiddo, another one – and don’t mind if I do.
P.S Try the recipe, it’s delicious! You’ll want mmmannnoodder weeonnne too!Print
Blueberry Cranberry Oat Muffins with Maple Cashew Crunch Topping (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
An exceptionally moist muffin filled with fruits and topped with a delicious maple crunch! Yum!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of turbinado brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cranberries (halved, optional)
- 3/4 wild blueberries
Maple Cashew Topping
- 1/2 cup of salted cashews (or use raw and add a pinch or two of salt)
- 1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
To make topping
- Place cashews in food processor and process until crumbly (1 min on high)
- Add maple syrup, process for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin with virgin coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Stir until blended. In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add in blueberries and cranberries
- Blend until mixed.
- Pour into muffin tins. And sprinkle with cashew topping.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until comes out clean with a knife.
- Cool on baker’s rack. Enjoy!
- I made large muffins (10) and baked them for 25 minutes.
- Cook Time: 25
For more Almondiciously Goodness, check out Almond Breeze on
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | WEBSITE
[line]I am part of the Almond Breeze Campaign with Food Bloggers of Canada and I received special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own and I only share with my readers what I support myself.
- How To Make A Gorgeous DIY Bouquet for Less - May 22, 2023
- Unleashing Outdoor Fun: Why Parents Love Globber Scooters for Their Kids - May 18, 2023
- Our Family Recipe: Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole - April 19, 2023
Looks delicious Emily! Pinned to my healthy bakes board! 🙂
they look SO good! 😀
The maple cashew crunch topping is such a brilliant touch! Love how this is healthy and you still get a variety of flavors and textures
The maple cashew topping sounds heavenly. These would make the perfect muffins for the cool mornings we’re having – thanks for sharing 🙂
those look really delicious. I”m too hungry to be reading blogs right now! I may have to go make some of these 🙂
Yumm!!! These look so delicious. Pinned!
Oh my yumminess, these look so delicious! Thank you for sharing!
Your photos of these muffins are beautful! Is that a weird thing to say? I kind of want to make them just for this reason – that and I love the sound of them. Ugh, yum.
Oh my goodness these sound incredible! Thanks for sharing 🙂
This sounds SO good! Blueberries and cranberries are my absolute favorites fruits to have in pastries, so this would be perfect!
Wow! These look amazing! I’m going to try them this weekend. Thanks!
Yum! This looks like the perfect part of breakfast or snack! I definitely will have to try this!
OOOH I wanna eat those all up.. The dough wouldn’t even make it to to oven 🙂
Those look so good and healthy! A great breakfast on the go!
These look really good and I love the healthy ingredients!
These look so yummy. I was needing a Recipe to try. Thank you for sharing
This is not only gorgeous but looks delish!
This sounds amazing! I’ve never cooked with rice flour, what’s the difference?