This hearty minestrone soup is made in one pot and cooks in under 30 minutes. It’s an easy weeknight dinner that hits the spot, especially on a cold winter’s day.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (796ml or 28 oz)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (796ml or 28 oz )
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans (540ml or 19oz) drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dried macaroni
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Begin by washing and preparing vegetables. Wash and rinse kidney beans, thoroughly.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Add in garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add in onion, cook for 3 minutes. Then add carrot, celery, green beans, Italian season, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and kidney beans. Gently stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in macaroni and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the pasta is cooked to preference. Remove from heat. Serve in soup bowls, top with fresh parsley, basil, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: minestrone soup, homemade soup, one pot meal, soup, bean soup, Italian