Have you heard of The Clean Crate Company? If you’re someone who looks for the very best in non-toxic household cleaning supplies, you may already know about this amazing subscription box! The Clean Crate Company is a curated subscription service for your daily cleaning essentials.
Do you like keeping your house clean and fresh without using harsh chemicals?
Then you’re probably going to be a fan of this service. You’ll never run out of cleaning supplies!
I had the chance to review this fall’s Unscented Clean Crate subscription box, just in time for the season of giving. Yes, The Clean Crate subscription or gift would be a perfect present for the “Monica” in your life!
So let’s get right into it. Here’s the scoop on this eco-friendly curated box of cleaning supplies.
How Does the Clean Crate Subscription Box Work?
First of all, it’s easy to set up your subscription box. To begin, you decide what type of subscription you would like: scented or unscented. You can also clarify if you have a dishwasher or not, in which case you will either get a dishwasher powder or another item instead.
Then, you can browse through the add-ons to see if there are additional items you would like to add to your subscription (these items will ship free with your box).
I like to browse through the add-ons to see what’s new. There is a wide variety of cleaners and tools to keep your entire household clean and fresh!
After you receive your first curated Clean Crate delivery (either Unscented or Scented), you are then able to choose 8-9 full-size products, from over 40+ items, for each subsequent delivery. This allows you to choose something you know you love or try something new! You will receive a survey 1 week before your next delivery and can easily select the products of your choice. There are lots of fun, new Canadian eco-products added each season that are exclusive to Clean Crate subscribers.
For your subscription, you can customize how often you want it delivered (every 1 to 6 months). Also worth noting, it’s simple to skip deliveries or cancel your subscription. There’s no hassle there if you need to change your subscription settings.
The Clean Crate Company is designed to make it easy to “go green”, without sacrificing convenience.
Are All of the Clean Crate Cleaning Products by Canadian Brands?
The Clean Crate Company is a Canadian brand that offers a range of Canadian eco-friendly, non-toxic, and natural household cleaning essentials. All of the products included in The Clean Crate box and the add-on shop are Canadian.
In this season’s Unscented Clean Crate box, I received the following products:
- Natural Hand Soap from Attitude. This hand soap is fragrance-free with plant and mineral-based ingredients to leave your hands clean and moisturized all day. I love how gentle it is on my skin. Especially as we enter the colder and drier months, it’s ideal.
- Sponge Cloth from TEN and CO. These cleaning cloths can be washed up to 200 times before they are ready to be composted. Just toss them in your green bin when they’re done. They are perfect for everyday use!
- Dishwashing Soap from Greencricket. Effective cleaning power – using ingredients from nature! This dish soap cuts grease while being gentle on our aquatic systems.
- Eco-Laundry Strips by Truearth. I like how easy these are to use. For a heavy load, you use a full strip. For a small load, you tear a bit off. Additionally, this laundry cleaner is safe for sensitive skin.
- All-Purpose Cleaner by The Unscented Company. This cleaner is all-natural, dye-free, and fragrance-free. It’s powerful enough to use all over your home but will leave no scent behind. As soon as I opened this cleaner up, I put it to the test! Countertop and tabletop cleaning is a frequent part of my daily cleaning routine. Just a quick decluttering and wipe down and everything feels fresher. I was really happy with how nicely this gentle solution cleaned kitchen counters, our dining room table, and fingermarks on the walls.
- Fruit & Veggie Wash by Nature Clean. This all-natural and fragrance-free fruit wash cleans chemicals, pesticides, and dirt from your produce. Super simple and straightforward to use, it makes scrubbing potatoes and carrots a whole lot easier!
- Dish Scrub Brush by Boho & Hobo. This coconut fibre brush is safe and effective for all types of dishes. When I spotted this brush in my Clean Crate, I noticed the aesthetic first. I like how it looks! But even better, it’s very effective for cleaning dishes! I received this product in place of the dishwasher powder. Subscribers who select no dishwasher will also receive it.
Don’t Forget to Check Out the Add-on Shop
The Clean Crate always includes surface cleaner, hand soap, dishwashing soap, dishwasher and laundry detergent, and bonus eco-extras.
As I touched on above, The Clean Crate Company also has a great assortment of add-on products to help further customize and complete your subscription boxes. From bathroom cleaners to body wash, there are a lot of eco-friendly items that are worth including in your order. Not only are the assortment of products non-toxic and environmentally conscious, but they are also well-priced.
Give the Gift of a Clean Crate
As you check out The Clean Crate Company’s curated seasonal boxes and catalogue of products, keep in mind the holiday season is just around the corner!
The Clean Crate subscription or gift box (one-time delivery) would be a thoughtful gift for new parents, your neighbours, a friend who you know likes to clean with non-toxic products, or someone who just moved into a new home.
Of course, don’t forget a gift for you! If a service like this one makes your life easier and helps you and your family stay on top of cleaning your home – then it’s worth it! The peace of mind of having eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products readily available to keep your environment fresh and inviting is so valuable.
A clean home always feels nice.
The Best of This Life has partnered with The Clean Crate Company to offer our readers 15% off site-wide with the code HOLIDAY15. Visit cleancrate.ca to check out their selection of eco-friendly products and their Clean Crate subscription service.
This piece is presented in partnership with The Clean Crate Company. All opinions are honest and personal.
- Easy Cleaning Hacks and Tips to Make Your Home Sparkle - January 27, 2023
- 7 Budget-Friendly Ways to Enjoy Christmas This Year - December 18, 2022
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids 2022 - December 17, 2022