Our Family Recipe: Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole
Save this easy dinner recipe! You’ll thank me later.
As a busy mom of two, I know how important it is to make the most of the time we spend together as a family. One of our favourite activities to do together is cooking. Cooking with my tweens has been an excellent way to connect with them and teach them essential life skills.
The other day, my son and I decided to make our family’s beloved Garlic Spaghetti recipe and added High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole to the mix! This recipe is easy to make and incredibly delicious, and it has been a favourite in our family for years.
Garlic Spaghetti made delicious with High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole
To start, we cooked the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Next, we sautéed some garlic and lemon zest in olive oil until it was fragrant, and then we added the lemon juice and capers to give it a zesty flavour. Finally, we tossed in some freshly grated parmesan cheese for that creamy, salty goodness we all love. When the spaghetti was al dente, we added it, with some of the pasta water, to the pan with the sauce, tossed it well, and sprinkled in the fresh basil.
Now, for the show’s star, the High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole. While we prepared the pasta we cooked it in the oven for about 20 minutes, and it was ready to serve! The fish was so delicious and flavourful that it complemented the garlic spaghetti perfectly.
The best part about using High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® was how easy it was to cook. We didn’t need to worry about defrosting or seasoning the fish because it comes pre-seasoned and ready to cook. Plus, it’s sustainably sourced, high in protein, and can be cooked without oil, making it a healthy option for our family.
Get Creative in The Kitchen with Your Tweens
Cooking with my two tweens is a special way to bond with them while teaching them valuable life skills. We’ve experimented with different flavours and ingredients and have come up with some unique and delicious recipes along the way. It’s also a perfect time to encourage their creativity and independence in the kitchen.
High Liner® is a brand I trust, with years of seafood expertise and a commitment to sustainable and responsibly sourced seafood. Their Pan-Sear Selects® line is restaurant-quality, made with whole premium fillets, and can be cooked in about 20 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
Try our delicious Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole: A Convenient and Sustainable Meal Option for Busy Families
Our Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole recipe made with Highliner’s High Liner® Pan- Sear Selects® was so easy to make and incredibly delectable. I’m sure your family will enjoy it as much as we do! My son was thrilled with how it came together and enjoyed every bite.
As a parent with a busy schedule, I appreciate the convenience of the Pan-Sear Selects® line and trust the quality and sustainability of High Liner’s products. You can find them in your local grocery store in the freezer aisle. I highly recommend trying this recipe and experimenting with different flavours and ingredients with your family. Happy cooking!
This post is written in partnership with High Liner®Print
Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole
Indulge in a mouth-watering feast with our Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole. With Pan- Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole you can enjoy restaurant-quality flavours right in your own kitchen. This easy-to-make dish is perfect for family dinners, featuring simple ingredients and savoury aromas that will have everyone asking for seconds. Try it today and savour the taste of a gourmet meal without ever leaving home!
- High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole
- 375g spaghetti(1 box)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cook High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole in the oven according to package instructions, 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions (about 8-10 minutes for al dente). When draining the spaghetti, reserve 1/2 cup of cooking pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and capers. Stir for 1 minute. Pour in the pasta liquid and add parmesan, bring sauce to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti in the skillet. Add the basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in pasta bowls topped with a fillet of Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole and optionally add extra parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Enjoy!
- How To Make A Gorgeous DIY Bouquet for Less - May 22, 2023
- Unleashing Outdoor Fun: Why Parents Love Globber Scooters for Their Kids - May 18, 2023
- Our Family Recipe: Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole - April 19, 2023