This bread is moist and naturally sweetened. It makes a delicious breakfast bread or after school snack.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce (you can make homemade from 2–3 apples)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1–½ cups PC Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend (or other all purpose gf blend)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter with sugar in bowl using electric mixer. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in bananas vanilla, then add apple sauce.
- Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in another bowl. Stir into banana mixture using wooden spoon just until combined. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. If bread browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 60
- Serving Size: 12