Oh guys, the snow has come again! I guess I’ll be pushing my maxi skirts towards the back of my closest until the official days of Spring arrive. It’s a winter wonderland out there! Really...there isn’t a thing that isn’t covered in snow. Check out the live pictures of Ottawa here. Wild! We’ll be staying in this evening, for two reasons. One, the snow. Two, our car is in the shop. Wish it weren’t so, but yesterday on my way home from my mom’s house it began to blow steam. I really, really dislike car troubles and their incurring costs.
On the bright side of things, we have a warm, cozy home to keep us happy and safe on a night like tonight and some delicious apple berry crumble to enjoy. We’re planning on watching a movie and taking it easy. We’ve got a great weekend ahead of us, starting with my sister coming over for brunch tomorrow morning. I’m so looking forward to pancakes, eggs, and lots of fruit! What are you up to this weekend? Any plans for watching the Oscars?
- I’m going to try making these honey nut bars soon
- Anna’s love story is so sweet
- How cute is this Talula dress, styled two ways!
- Have you entered this incredible giveaway?
Gluten-Free Apple Berry Crumble
8 apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup of frozen or fresh mixed berries
2 cups of gluten-free oats
1 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup organic sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter
- Wash, peel, and slice apples (6-8 slices per apple).
- Place apples in large baking dish (I used this 10 x 15 one: pyrex glass bakeware).
- Top with a cup of berries and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix oats, rice flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter in saucepan on low heat.
- Pour the melted butter into the dry mix.
- Mix well, to form a crumble.
- Pour crumble on top of fruit and spread evenly.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350F
- Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired, and enjoy!
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023