Pasta night takes on a sophisticated palette with this delicious and savoury linguine dish created by chef Michael Allemeier. A medley of fresh vegetables, light olive-oil sauce, and juicy shrimp come together beautifully over a bed of flavourful Catelli gluten-free linguine. It’s just the kind of meal that is easy to prepare yet tastes like your favourite restaurant cooked it just for you.
The addition of fresh mint is unexpected and delightful! It adds a refreshing taste that complements the roma tomatoes and corn wonderfully. It’s truly a summer’s dish that is made to enjoy on the patio with a glass of crisp white wine.
Creating delicious, gluten-free meals has never been easier because of the allergy-friendly options that have become more widely available, like Catelli Gluten Free pasta. This dish is just one example of the delectable creations you can make using gluten-free pasta.
For more foodie inspiration follow Catelli on Facebook and the hashtag #GlutenFreeFridays (on twitter and instagram).
Savoury and delicious gluten-free linguine with shrimp, zucchini, corn, olive oil and mint. A perfect meal to enjoy alfresco with white wine.
- 1 pkg. (375g) Catelli Gluten Free Linguine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- One pinch dried child flakes
- 240g large shrimp (optional: cut into pieces)
- 12 large fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- Add 4 litres of water to a pot and 1tbsp (15 mL) of salt to water. Bring to a boil.
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and cook until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until zucchini becomes soft and tender. Season with touch of salt.
- Add corn, diced tomatoes and pinch of chili flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and turn heat down to low.
- Cook linguine according to packaging instructions. Drain well and add to sauce. Add sliced mint leaves and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
This is a sponsored editorial. All opinions are 100% personal.
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023