Are you ready for cookies this amazing? A little bit of this and a little bit of that, turned into ooey gooey pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with walnuts and the slightest hint of coconut flavor, mingled with delicious Fall spices. It’s a party for your senses, really. The moist, cake-like consistency of these cookies is over the top and paired with a glass of milk (ice cold coconut milk is sooooo good) – make the combo such a tantalizing indulgence.
I couldn’t resist dunking mine in coconut milk – it just made sense. I couldn’t believe how well coconut flour lent itself to this recipe, making the cookies tender and melt in your mouth good. I’m definitely going to have to make another batch before the season is through. Who am I kidding, these are going on the all-year round list!
It’s totally worth trying this recipe with the coconut flour, because it’s such a subtle addition to the complexity of flavors and there is no doubt it adds to the moisture and yummy consistency of the cookies. Oh enjoy friends!
Rich, moist, chocolate-pumpkin goodness all in one delicious cookie.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup turbanado sugar
- 2/3 cup healthy oil (I used virgin coconut oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk (or any milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet, top with a sprinkle of organic sugar (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 12 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
My Grocery List for this recipe
Farmer’s Market Organic Canned Pumpkin — 15 oz
Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy, nut & Soy Free, Mini Chips
Frontier Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
Let’s Do Organic Coconut Flour
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023