A Hearty Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Bread For A Cool Autumn Day
We woke up to 8 degrees celsius (46 F) this morning – it was a definite “fall is here” moment. I brewed a pot of coffee while we woke up slowly, staying in our pyjamas much longer than usual. My son had a birthday party to go to at eleven, so just before then we took showers and actually started our day. Honestly, I would have been content to stay in my pyjamas all day.
Our family’s been a bit under the weather this week, and the idea of snuggling in bed is kind of where my head’s been at. But, while my daughter was napping, I decided to pull it together and make a hearty (and healthy) pumpkin loaf we could enjoy this afternoon. We all love pumpkin and with its healthy dose of fiber, potassium and vitamin C – it makes a nutritious snack choice.
The combination of oat flour, pumpkin and honey in this recipe create a flavourful bread that isn’t overly sweet, but rather moist, slightly spiced and positively delicious. You can enjoy it as it is, or add a smear of your favourite topping (butter, coconut oil, honey, apple butter…etc).
Abigail woke up from her nap and Aiden returned home from his party, both happy to see homemade baking waiting for them. The kids enjoyed their slice with a glass of almond milk, while I dipped mine in a hot mug of apple spiced tea.
Here’s to a weekend of tasty treats and warm snuggles!Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Bread
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of canola oil or melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat over to 350F
- Combine flours, starch, baking powder, salt spices and xanthan gum in a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend and add in pumpkin, oil, honey, sugar, and eggs. Stir into flour until smooth and moist.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Top with pumpkinseed kernels and oats.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing (or serve hot, but it will be harder to cut!).
Original recipe by Robert Landolphi, Gluten-Free Baking (CookingLight)
- Serving Size: 16
Love pumpkin as much as I do?
Here are more pumpkin recipes to try!
Gluten-Free Glazed Pumpkin Loaf
Gluten-Free Pillowy Pumpkin Cookies
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Gluten-Free Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don’t forget to subscribe to The Best of This Life’s newsletter below this post, for all of my latest recipes and lifestyle tips!
- How To Make A Gorgeous DIY Bouquet for Less - May 22, 2023
- Unleashing Outdoor Fun: Why Parents Love Globber Scooters for Their Kids - May 18, 2023
- Our Family Recipe: Garlic Spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Sole - April 19, 2023
OK all of those pumpkin recipes look amazing! Can’t wait to try this (and a few others) thanks for sharing!!
looks yummy and I agree fall is here. I need to try out some of these recipes
I haven’t made pumpkin bread yet for the season but I’m so excited to give this one a try ?
This looks so good, I need to make some pumpkin recipes, I still have some homemade pumpkin puree in the freezer, needs to get used up!!
These recipes look so delicious.I want to try the pumpkin oat bread.It looks good and healthy too.Its perfect for fall!