Tasty honey-glazed salmon fillets that are bursting with juicy flavour.
- 4 salmon fillets (aprox. 6 oz each), boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- chives or tops of green onions
- In a small dish, stir together 1/4 cup honey and 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of all salmon fillets.
- In a shallow dish, pour 1/3 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour (or regular flour).
- Lightly coat both sides of all salmon fillets, and shake off any excess.
- In a non-stick pan, over medium (to low) heat, add oil. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp light olive oil.
- Using a basting brush (or pastry brush), coat one side of all salmon fillets and reserve the rest of the glaze for other side.
- Once the oil heats up, add the fillets to the pan with the glaze side down.
- In the pan, brush the second side of all fillets with remaining glaze.
- Sauté the salmon fillets on the first side for 3 minutes, then gently flip over and sauté second side another 3 minutes.
- The glaze will form a golden caramelized crust.
- Gently cut into one of the fillets and check that the salmon is cooked through – it will flake softly and be slightly translucent (nearing opaque) pink.
- Serve with a sliced or wedge of lemon and top with chopped chives or green onions.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 4