“Mommy, can we have pancakes today?”
It’s not unusual for my kiddos to ask me this at 7:00 am on a Tuesday morning.
I don’t blame them, who doesn’t love pancakes!
Pancakes for breakfast is a no-brainer. However, they’re not ideal to make on a busy weekday morning before school. For that reason, we usually reserve our pancake breakfasts for the weekend.
But what about pancake muffins? All the pancake flavour in a fluffy, delicious muffin that’s easy to serve and enjoy before heading off to school!
These pancake muffins couldn’t be simpler to make. I mean really, really simple. They capture the traditional taste of pancakes, kids love so much and are easy to customize however they like them. You can add in chocolate chips, strawberries, apples, or like we did for this batch, blueberries!
Muffins are a great breakfast food or snack to prepare in advance. You can whip up several batches and freeze them for convenient meals any day of the week. Just thaw them out overnight to serve in the morning, send to school in your kid’s lunch boxes, or have as an after school snack.
All you need for this recipe is pancake mix (you can use gluten-free pancake mix too!), milk of choice (we used almond milk), eggs, and maple syrup!
For the add-ins, it’s up to you whether you want something sweet or savoury.
Not only are these pancake muffins quick and easy to make, but they’re also super scrumptious and a lot of fun to make too.
In no time at all, you get to dig into that nostalgic pancake taste with every hearty bite.
Convenient and tasty, these pancake muffins are such a great kitchen hack. Enjoy!Print
These pancake muffins combine the best of both worlds! The great taste of pancakes with the convenience of a muffin. Perfect for busy school mornings!
- 2 cups pancake mix ((regular or gluten-free))
- 2/3 cups milk ((I used almond milk))
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blueberries ((fresh or frozen))
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the ingredients (except blueberries).
- Pour batter equally into the muffin liners. Drop in the blueberries on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick or knife – they're ready when the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Pin this Recipe! More Muffin Recipes to Enjoy!
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023