Summer is the perfect time to enjoy no-bake treats. Instead of cranking up the heat by turning on the oven, you can make a refreshing dessert that only requires a little freezer time. This creamy, rich, naturally sweetened banana cream pie was a BIG hit with my family. My Little Man – who has recently become a picky eater, loved it “most of the time”, he said. Which is good enough for me, considering he ate a big ol’ piece, full of coconut milk, cashews, walnuts, and bananas. Healthy win!
I made this recipe on a hot spring day, which felt like the middle of summer. I thought it was the ideal time to try out a new raw pie recipe that I had pinned from Minimalist Baker. I soaked cashews for nearly 4 hours in the morning and they were ready to be blended into a creamy pie filling by the afternoon. I also had a little helper to make sure they were just the right consistency!
I love that this recipe is super easy to make and ready in no time. It’s extraordinarily creamy, with just the right amount of sweet to satisfy any cravings. It pairs well with an iced chai tea or a cold glass of coconut milk. It’s darn delicious y’all!
No-Bake Vegan Banana Cream Pie
- 1 heaping cup walnuts
- 1 heaping cup pitted dates (soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and drained)
- 1.25 cups cashews soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight, then drained
- 3.5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 medium just ripe banana (~ 1/2 cup mashed)*
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (I scrape the cream off the top for luxurious texture)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
Get the whole recipe and instructions over on Minimalist Baker and enjoy a perfect no-fuss, super scrumptious summer dessert.
- How To Throw An Easy Backyard Party – and Earn Aeroplan Points Too! - August 8, 2022
- Why Backyard Gardening Is Easy With Raised Garden Bed Planters - July 21, 2022
- How to Take Care of Your Skin Every Day This Summer - July 13, 2022