A crème-filled red velvet cake, rich with flavour covered in chocolate goodness
- 1 box Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting baked in two 9-inch round cake pans. *Did not use the cream cheese frosting.
- 1 can of whipped white icing
- ½ jar (aprox. 100 g) of marshmallow crème
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 1 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Use a bread knife to cut flat the top of one of the 9-in. round cakes, so you have an even surface. Place the cake on a tray for icing (you may wish to transfer to serving platter after).
- To make filling, combine white icing with marshmallow crème.
- Spread icing generously over the first layer.
- Top with second cake layer. Place cake in freezer for around 20 minutes for the icing to settle and cake to be easier to manage.
- To make glaze, heat chocolate chips and whipping cream in a saucepan for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Stir until chocolate is melted. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour ganache over top of cake. Use a metal spatula to spread the over top and sides of cake. If chocolate pools at the bottom of the cake, use your spatula to scrape off excess chocolate and a moist paper towel to wipe off chocolate marks. Refrigerate cake for 1 hour or overnight.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 12