This chilled beet salad is a flavourful, nutritious dish that’s great for serving with a sandwich for lunch or as a side for dinner.
- 5 medium beets, cooked and peeled
- 2 Tbsp red Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 5 chive stems, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook beets in advance and chill for at least 1 hour (or use pre-cooked packaged beets).
- Chop beets into 1-1/12 inch chunks. Chop red onion and chives.
- In a serving bowl, pour in olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Add in red onions, chives, and beets. Toss until coated.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving
- Keeps fresh in a sealed container in refrigerator for 3 days.
- Serving Size: 4