Naturally sweetened, moist banana snacking cake that is ideal for breakfast or snack-time.
- 1 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned apple sauce (sugar-free)
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch square metal baking pan, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine apple sauce, banana, coconut oil, vanilla, and egg – stirring until well blended.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture in large bowl, stirring just until moist.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-23 minutes or until the centre comes out clean with knife or toothpick.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- This is a great base recipe, so feel free to add nuts, fruit, or even dark chocolate.
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 8