Decadent dessert bars packed with PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Sauce, chocolate and sweet buttery filling.
For the base
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup PC Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup President’s Choice Decadent Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup pecans, pieced
- 4 tablespoons PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch slightly greased baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the base and using your hands, cut butter into dry ingredients until small lumps and wet sand like texture forms.
- Pack down the mixture into prepared pan, firmly with a cold (wet) spoon and hands until an even base is reached.
- Evenly sprinkle with the chocolate chunks, pecans and drizzle the PC Black Label Toasted Sesame Caramel Dessert Sauce on top.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, whipping cream, and heat on high power for 1 minute to melt.
- Remove bowl from microwave, and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Return bowl to microwave for another minute on high. Then stir again and add in vanilla and salt.
- Slowly and evenly pour the caramel sauce over the chocolate chunks, pecan and caramel sauce.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, or until caramel is clearly bubbling around edges.
- Allow bars to cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 3 hours, or covered overnight, before slicing and serving.
- Makes 9 very large bars. You can cut them smaller to make more servings. These taste great refrigerated too!
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 9