A nutritious chocolate cookie you can even eat for breakfast!
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 cup of quick cook oats
- 3 Tablespoons honey, preferably local OR pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease or line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash ripe bananas in a bowl, and then stir in unsweetened cacao powder, quick oats, and honey (or maple syrup) until a cookie dough-like batter is formed.
- Roll dough into approximately 12 balls and flatten with a fork or your hand.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
- Feel free to add in a few chocolate chips, like we did in this batch (1/4 cup) or any other additions like seeds, nuts, dried fruit, or nut butter.
- Prep Time: 5