A luxurious mousse bursting with strawberry flavour.
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
- 1 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- More strawberries for serving
- 6 mini chocolate covered waffle bowls
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon whipping cream; set aside to soften gelatin.
- In a food processor, place strawberries and icing sugar. Process until smooth. You may need to open the processor and use a rubber spatula to scrape the strawberries back into the mixture and process until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan, then add in the gelatin/whipping cream mixture. Stir occasionally over medium heat and watch for the mixture to simmer. When the gelatin melts into the mixture completely, remove from heat. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool (not in the refrigerator) for at least 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Then add in the strawberry mixture and beat on low speed or stir by hand until well blended.
- Place mousse in pipping bag with a decorative tip. Pipe into serving bowls and serve – or put in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours before serving.
- Serves 6-8 depending on how much mousse you use. I think it’s perfect to serve over fresh strawberries to make a fuller looking dessert.
- Serving Size: 6