A hearty, flavourful chili with just the right amount of spice for a cold winter’s day.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans baked beans (or equivalent homemade baked beans)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A few twist of fresh ground pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook beef until evenly browned, about 7- 8 minutes. Drain and discard any excess fat.
- Combine ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours (or High for 4 hours.)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8