Creamy zucchini and vegetable lasagna, without traditional noodles.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh arugula or spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 container low-fat ricotta cheese (15 ounces/ 425 g)
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Lightly grease a deep 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin slices.
- Slice tomatoes, mushroom, onions.
- To assemble lasagna, spread 1/2 the zucchini slices. Layer with arugula or spinach.
- Scoop a few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese and drop over layer of spinach.
- Pour layer of tomato sauce.
- Top with a layer of sliced tomatoes, basil and onions.
- Add a layer of mushrooms.
- Then the second layer of zucchini.
- In a bowl mix the left over ricotta cheese with 1/4 cup -1/3 cup of water. Whisk until smooth and pour over the zucchini.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add final layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil on low for 5 minutes, until cheese bubbles.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 8