Have you done that before? Throw in the towel and try a totally different direction. It’s pretty rewarding when it works out. So what if I couldn’t mold perfect little patties out of pure coconut oil and chocolate…they had other plans all along. Thank goodness too, because otherwise I never would have discovered such a thrilling, healthy dessert. Win-win.
“When God closes one door, He opens another.”
“Praise the young and they will make progress.”
Enjoy your favorite peppermint patty treat in the form of one healthy shake! Skip the sugar, and you’ve got yourself a guilt-free indulgent beverage. Yum!!
- 5 squares of unsweetened chocolate (like Camino’s)
- 2 Tablespoons of pure virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 teaspoons of organic mint extract
- 1 very ripened banana
- 15 ice cubes
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt chocolate and virgin coconut oil until smooth.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of mint extract.
- In a blender, combine unsweetened almond milk, shredded coconut, banana and 3 teaspoons of mint extract. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add in 15 ice cubes and blend until ice cubes are broken down (2 minutes on frozen drink mode).
- Add chocolate sauce into the blender and blend for 30 seconds more.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Using a spatula, scrape the saucepan and drizzle the left over chocolate sauce on top of the peppermint patty shakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023