A mouth watering omelette with layers of flavour!
- ½ cup Gordal Spanish Green Olives, sliced
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2 medium red potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (125g) aged manchego cheese, grated
- 6 medium eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare onions, red potatoes and Gordal Spanish Green Olives.
- In an 8 inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 8 minutes then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place thinly sliced potatoes (about 1 inch thick) evenly over the skillet. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and gently move around to cook evenly. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for 5 more. Add to mixing bowl with onions and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the Gordal Spanish Green Olives to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add all 6 eggs and whisk until smooth in texture (whites and yolks are combined). Pour into other mixing bowl over onions, potatoes, olives.
- Over medium heat, heat remaining olive oil. Pour half the omelette mixture in the skillet and shake the skillet gently to create an even base.
- Top with grated manchego cheese; then cover with remaining potato mixture, smoothing with the back of a spoon to create an even layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes on stovetop, then transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set (check middle with knife).
- Broil for 2-3 minutes (watch closely!) for a golden top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 8 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serving Size: 6