As you can tell from the photographs, it was an overcast, cold, rainy, damp day when we made these baked apples. Could there be a more perfect dessert for just such a day? How they warm your belly and melt the cool right out of you…not to mention, they’re mmmm….delicious. Cinnamon, nutmeg, apples, raisins – they speak the language of Autumn.
As the wind blew, and howled around outside, carrying rain drops in all directions; we stayed piled under soft blankets, reading Dr. Seuss books – spooning out tender bites of warm, cinnamon flecked apple, coated with unexpected pieces of coconut. It was divine, truly.
Stuffed Baked Apples with Raisins and Coconut
4 large apples (Cortland, gala, or empire)
4 Tablespoons of sultana raisins
4 Tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
optional: local honey and coconut whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Wash apples. Then trim the top off and scoop out the core and seeds, being mindful to keep as much flesh as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Place the apples in a medium-sized corning ware dish.
- Fill the apples with the mixture.
- Bake covered for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to serving bowls.
- Top with honey and coconut whip. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023