Sun soaked heirloom tomatoes are perfection in of themselves. They don’t need a bed of lettuce or anything superfluous. Slice them open, drizzle with a thin line of balsamic vinegar and taste the magnificence. After you’ve thoroughly enjoyed them in their simplicity, then perhaps it’s okay to top your Summer salad with a few and enjoy their succulence in spaced out bites.
For this salad, I used a bed of mixed greens (arugula, chervil, mâché, baby romaine), topped with juicy heirloom tomatoes, a mix of unsalted almonds, cashews, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and a teaspoon of fresh bacon bits. With a light balsamic dressing; the combination was really quite delicious.
A simple salad full of garden fresh flavour.
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1/4 cup of mixed nuts, seeds, and raisins
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of virgin olive oil
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of fresh bacon bits
- In a personal sized salad bowl, create a bed of mixed greens.
- Slice heirloom tomato and add to the bowl.
- Top with nuts, seeds and raisins.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1
Other Summer salads you might enjoy…
On an unrelated to salad topic, I’m looking for some new blogs to read. Do you have a blog that I should check out or know of one that you think I might like? Leave the links in your comment 🙂
Happy Monday xo!
- Easy Cleaning Hacks and Tips to Make Your Home Sparkle - January 27, 2023
- 7 Budget-Friendly Ways to Enjoy Christmas This Year - December 18, 2022
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids 2022 - December 17, 2022