- 1 1/4 cup unsalted organic butter
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (grounded gluten-free oats)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp dark chocolate almond milk
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- 7 Tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 4 large squares of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease one springform cake tin with butter, then line the bottom with greaseproof paper and dust the sides with gluten-free flour.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar for around 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Crack in the eggs, then mix in the vanilla extract until combined. Sieve the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder into the bowl, then fold through. Add the almond milk and stir briefly until you have a nice, smooth batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the springform and bake on the middle rack for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, before turning the cake out onto a wire cooling rack, then leave to cool completely while you make the frosting.
- Sieve the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then add the butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the cream cheese until combined. If it’s a little thick, add a splash of milk to loosen.
- Once cooled, place the cake on platter or cake stand. Carefully spread the icing. In a bowl, crush the raspberries with a fork, then scatter on top. Finish with a few shavings of chocolate.
Original recipe modified from Jamie Oliver: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/gluten-free-chocolate-cake/#mTyFPbDapc26sIyq.97