Say I love you with heart-shaped calzones
- 1 package of Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 pizza pepperonis, quartered
- 3 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400F. Unroll Pillsbury PIzza Crust onto a piece of parchment paper over a clean counter space.
- Using a 3 to 4” heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut the crust into 8 hearts.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese.
- Place 4 hearts on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in the centers of 4 of the hearts.
- Place a second heart on top of the mixture. Use a fork to seal the sides of the top and bottom hearts together.
- Crack an egg and whisk together. Use a brush to coat the tops of each heart.
- Bake the calzones in preheated oven for 12-16 minutes, or just until the edges of the pizzas turn a light golden brown.
- Remove and cool for 5-8 minutes (or until child-friendly temperature) before eating.
- To use up the leftover pizza dough, I kneaded it together and rolled it out into a heart-shaped crust to make a mini pizza. You could also make a few mini dough balls, which are perfect for dipping in pizza sauce. It’s up to you!
- Prep Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4