Hey there busy Mama, how about a spa day? I saw you roll your eyes, but before you blow me off – let me tell you that it won’t cost you a fortune. In fact, you probably already have nearly all of your spa treatments…in your kitchen! Yep, this is an all-natural spa baby 😉 For real, is it safe to say that you can budget and schedule to the moon and back? I thought so. Let’s add a little pampering to the spreadsheet shall we? After an afternoon of at-home, all natural rejuvenation, you’ll feel like a new woman. Oh, and you’ll be super soft and radiant too!
To begin, schedule some well deserved ‘me-time’. Book your hubby, your parents, or Curly Sue next door to take care of the kiddos and get them out of the house. Next, gather all necessary spa day ingredients. Here’s a list of what you’ll need, so if you’re missing anything make sure to pick it up on your grocery run.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 orange
- baking soda
- plain Greek yogurt (personal size cup)
- ginger root (small)
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- rolled oats (gluten-free, if you have allergies)
- virgin coconut oil (small jar, available at health food stores or organic section in superstores)
- mint tea (loose leaf or tea bags)
- tealight candles
So, now you have everything you need and you’ve transformed your home into a peaceful oasis. Well, nearly. Start by preparing your spa water and mint toner in advance, so that it has time to refrigerate. Next, set the scene. Zone off your bathroom and choice lounge room. Light tealight candles, place them all around and turn down the lights. Put on some calming music, have fresh towels handy, as well as a stack of magazines if you’re up to reading. Otherwise, feel free to close your eyes and drift off during your treatments. Grab your robe and your slippers, it’s Spa Day darling!
YOUR SPA PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Alpha Hydroxy Orange Exfoliation Treatment: the fruit acid in this gentle exfoliator will renew your skin, fade spots and remove blackheads – giving a fresh, revitalized glow.
- Greek Yogurt and Honey Mask: a yogurt based mask helps to cleanse and moisturize your skin, leaving is soft and supple.
- Lemon Ginger Spa Water: enjoy a refreshing beverage during your spa treatments. Spa water hydrates and moisturizes your skin from within.
- Oatmeal Coconut Milk Bath: treat your senses to a sumptuous bath that soothes and heals.
- Full Body Moisture Restoring Treatment: pure virgin coconut oil locks in moisture and repairs rough, dull, dry patches. After application, your skin is radiant and restored.
- Mint Toner: to refresh your face after a warm bath and close your open pores, a gentle mint toner is just the thing.
Follow the recipes below, take your time, relax and enjoy your day at the spa, just remember – you deserve it! xo
*Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic. Take all necessary precautions with the preperation and application of these homemade beauty treatments. Avoid contact with eyes. The responsibility lies with the reader. If you have sensitive skin, please patch test on your arm before applying all over your body.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Easy Cleaning Hacks and Tips to Make Your Home Sparkle - January 27, 2023
- 7 Budget-Friendly Ways to Enjoy Christmas This Year - December 18, 2022
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Kids 2022 - December 17, 2022