It’s smoothie week! I’m just getting over a winter cold and I’m determined to get myself feeling 100% again. Vitamin C is a big help in preventing sickness in the first place and flushing it out when you do happen to catch a bug. There are a ton of fruits that are packed with Vitamin C, which makes it easy to get your daily dose. For breakfast I made a triple berry smoothie and for lunch, a more exotic treat, combining the sweet taste of lychee with orange juice and strawberries. It was super tasty, and is now one of my favorite smoothies! Do you have a recipe I should try?
Lychee Strawberry Smoothie
10 lychees (mine are from a can, drained and washed)
3/4 cup of frozen strawberries
1 sliced banana
3/4 cup of orange juice
3-4 ice cubes
- Wash and prepare fruit for blending
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Blend on medium-high for 1-2 minutes
Editor at The Best of this Life
Emily Smith is the founder and editor of The Best of this Life. She has two littles, a darling husband, and dreams of owning a new puppy. A gluten-free connoisseur, social media maven and reigning fashionista (in her own rights). She loves writing and shares her three core values with her readers – love life, live well, share the beauty.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)
- Buongiorno Bella…There’s a New Passionista in Town! – February 27, 2015
- A Friendly Reminder for Your New Year’s Resolutions + Giveaway – February 25, 2015
- Rejuvenate and Enhance Your Garden Space – February 23, 2015